Do you love chatting and texting with friends? What if you could get paid to do it? Nowadays there are many legitimate ways to earn money by socializing online. Companies will pay you to chat, text, have phone calls, video calls and more with clients. It’s a fun and flexible way to make extra income in your free time from home.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about getting paid to socialize online. You’ll learn about the top companies hiring chatters and texters, pay rates, requirements, tips and strategies. Let’s dive in!
Why Companies Pay People to Chat and Text
Before we look at specific opportunities, let’s discuss why companies pay for online chatting and texting services in the first place:
- Customer service – Many businesses outsource live chat customer support to stay staffed 24/7. They hire chat agents to communicate with customers and resolve concerns.
- Social media management – Brands may hire chatters to handle social media messaging with customers and followers. This provides personalized and prompt responses.
- Market research – Companies hire people to chat or interview clients about products, services, ads and more to get feedback.
- Companionship – Some services connect chatters with lonely people who want conversation and friendship.
- Lead generation – Businesses may hire chatters to qualify leads and schedule sales calls.
- Virtual assistance – Chat agents may provide calendar management, travel planning and other virtual assistant duties.
The opportunities are vast. If you enjoy socializing online, many companies are willing to pay for your chatting and texting skills! Now let’s look at some of the top services.
Best Companies That Pay You to Chat
Here are the top legitimate services that will pay you to chat or text with others:
LiveWorld is one of the most popular chat service companies. They provide chat-based customer engagement for major brands. As a chat agent, you’ll engage in 1-on-1 conversations via chat, SMS or social media messaging to provide customer service, moderation and engagement.
Pay is around $13-$14 per hour. You need at least 1 year of customer service experience. LiveWorld has part-time and full-time opportunities for chat agents working from home.
Smith.ai offers virtual receptionist and chat services for businesses. As a chat agent, you’ll answer website chat, SMS and social media messages on the company’s behalf. Pay starts at $10 per hour. Smith.ai has flexible part-time and full-time schedules with hours during the day and evening.
ChatShop provides outsourced live chat support and sales for businesses around the world. As a home-based chat agent, you’ll engage website visitors in real-time chat conversations to answer questions, provide support and generate sales. Pay rates start at $7-$8 per hour.
Talkspace matches users with licensed therapists who provide counseling via text chat or video. As a therapist, you can set your own hours and chat with clients through a secure app. Talkspace pays between $25-$30 per hour depending on experience and credentials.
Boosted connects students with experts in various subjects for personalized tutoring over text chat. Tutors set their own rates (typically $1 per minute of chatting) and make up to $22 per hour. Subjects include math, science, English, history and test prep.
6. Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line provides free 24/7 emotional support for people in crisis over text messaging. Volunteer crisis counselors complete a certification course and then communicate with those seeking help. An intensive and rewarding way to use your texting abilities to give back.
Wirkn hires home-based chat agents to engage website visitors via chat for brands. As a chat agent, you’ll answer questions, qualify leads and book demos. Pay is around $10-$16 per hour depending on experience.
8. American Support
American Support provides virtual receptionists, chat agents, inbound sales and support for small businesses. Pay ranges from $9-$14 per hour. Hourly chat agents respond to chats and texts, answer questions, book appointments, provide support and handle other duties.
Concentrix sometimes hires chat agents to work remotely providing customer service via web chat for major brands. Pay is around $13-$15 per hour. This is a larger company hiring for chat positions.
SYKES Home hires remote customer service agents to handle phone, email, chat and social media support for various clients. Pay is around $13 per hour. SYKES looks for chat agents with prior CSR experience.
This list provides a sampling of top companies where you can find legitimate remote work as a chat or text agent. There are new opportunities popping up all the time in this growing industry.
Pay Rates for Chatting and Texting Jobs
How much can you earn as a remote chat or text agent? Pay rates for online socializing positions typically range from:
- $7 – $12 per hour – For customer service chat positions with minimal requirements. May include benefits for full-time roles.
- $12 – $18 per hour – For chat jobs requiring specialized experience like sales, therapy, tutoring or languages.
- $18 – $30+ per hour – For professional positions like licensed counseling or expert tutoring that let you set your own rates.
Part-time chat agents can expect to earn around $150 – $500+ per week depending on hours worked and pay rate. Full-time home-based chatters earn $500 – $1,000+ per week. Top earning potentials reach $2,000+ per week for those who work more hours at higher pay rates.
Many positions also provide incentives like sign-on bonuses, performance bonuses and pay increases over time. Being a top performer can significantly increase your earnings long-term.
Top 6 Forex EA & Indicator
Based on regulation, award recognition, mainstream credibility, and overwhelmingly positive client feedback, these six products stand out for their sterling reputations:
|1.||Forex EA||Gold Miner Pro FX Scalper EA||$879.99||MT4||Learn More|
|2.||Forex EA||FXCore100 EA [UPDATED]||$7.99||MT4||Learn More|
|3.||Forex Indicator||Golden Deer Holy Grail Indicator||$689.99||MT4||Learn More|
|4.||Windows VPS||Forex VPS||$29.99||MT4||Learn More|
|5.||Forex Course||Forex Trend Trading Course||$999.99||MT4||Learn More|
|6.||Forex Copy Trade||Forex Fund Management||$500||MT4||Learn More|
So while pay starts on the low end for entry-level chat roles, there is plenty of earning potential as you gain experience and apply for higher level opportunities.
Requirements to Get Started as a Paid Chatter
Wondering if you qualify to earn money chatting or texting online? Here are some typical requirements:
- 18+ years old – Most companies require chat agents to be legal adults due to contractual reasons.
- High school diploma – Having your diploma or GED is usually the minimum education requirement.
- Clear written communication skills – You’ll need strong spelling, grammar and typing abilities.
- Reliable computer and internet – A stable connected device is required to chat or text with clients.
- Quiet, private workspace – You’ll need a professional home office setup to take chats without distractions.
- Phone – Having a phone to take calls is required for many customer service chat roles.
- Required equipment – Headset, webcam etc. may be required depending on the role.
- Background check – Many companies will perform background checks on chat agents for security.
- Relevant experience – Customer service, sales, tutoring, counseling etc. is preferred depending on the position.
Make sure you meet the above requirements for the chat jobs you apply for. Some roles have additional specialized requirements as well. With the right qualifications, you can get hired to start earning money chatting or texting from home.
5 Tips to Earn the Most Money as a Chat Agent
Follow these tips to maximize your earning potential as a remote chat or text agent:
1. Apply for high paying chat opportunities – Don’t settle for minimum wage. Look for roles paying $15+ per hour.
2. Work full-time hours if possible – Full-time chatters can earn $500-$1,000+ per week.
3 Go above and beyond – Get stellar reviews by delighting clients to earn bonuses and pay raises.
4. Specialize your skills – Gain expertise in therapy, sales, languages or other niches to command higher pay.
5. Set your own rates – Once established, become an independent chatter and set your own hourly or per-message rates.
The more you put into your chatting career, the more you’ll get back financially. With commitment and skill, you can earn an impressive income from the comfort of home.
Pros and Cons of Getting Paid to Chat and Text
As with any job, there are both advantages and disadvantages to earning money through online chatting and texting:
- Earn extra income from home on a flexible schedule
- Gain professional experience in customer service, sales, counseling etc.
- Work remotely – no commute needed
- Expand your communication and interpersonal skills
- Potential for high hourly wages based on skills and experience
- Possibility to advance into management roles long-term
- Less stable income than traditional jobs with guaranteed salaries
- Need to be self-motivated and manage your own schedule
- Can be mentally draining with difficult clients and conversations
- Slow periods with less chats available
- Potentially tedious repeating common questions and responses
- Requires sitting at a computer for extended periods
Overall, the flexibility and earning potential make online chatting and texting jobs advantageous if you enjoy socializing through typed conversations. But consider if you can handle the downsides like irregular income and schedule management.
Frequently Asked Questions About Getting Paid to Chat and Text Online
Here are answers to some common questions about earning money chatting and texting remotely:
1. How do I apply for home-based chat jobs?
Most companies have online application forms on their websites. Your application will ask for information on your background, work experience and availability. Some roles require passing typing tests, mock chats or writing samples too. Be sure to follow all instructions closely.
2. What hours do chat jobs require?
Hours are flexible but most companies need coverage 24/7 so expect to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Part-time roles may have minimum weekly hour requirements. Full-time chat agents work 30-40+ hours per week. Let the company know your ideal schedule.
3. Can I chat from my smartphone?
Some companies allow chatting via smartphone app. But most require using a desktop or laptop computer with strong internet connection for best performance. Make sure to clarify with the company beforehand if mobile chat is supported.
4. What equipment do I need?
At minimum you’ll need a reliable desktop computer or laptop, high-speed internet connection, phone and quiet workspace. Many companies also require headsets and/or webcams depending on the chat platform. Ask about any required equipment during onboarding.
5. Is chatting from outside the U.S. allowed?
Some companies only hire within the U.S. But many are open to international chat agents as long as you have strong English skills and meet the requirements. Worldwide opportunities exist but may pay less than U.S.-based roles.
6. How much can you realistically earn chatting full-time?
At good pay rates of $15-$20 per hour, full-time chatters working 40 hours per week year-round can expect to earn $30,000-$40,000 annually. Higher hourly wages, incentives and overtime can push yearly earnings over $50,000+.
Chatting is not going to make you rich, but provides stable income through consistent hours and reliable paychecks. For supplemental or full-time remote work, it can be lucrative.
Get Started Making Money Chatting and Texting Today
As technology expands, so do remote opportunities to earn money through online social engagement. With so many people constantly connected digitally, companies are willing to pay for personalized chatting and texting services.
Now that you know where to find chat jobs, typical pay rates, requirements and strategies to earn more, you can start applying today. Find a great work from home opportunity utilizing your social, verbal and written communication abilities. Who couldn’t use some extra cash for doing what they love – connecting with other people?
So update your resume and get ready to start making money chatting and texting from the comfort of your own home!
Top 10 Reputable Forex Brokers
Based on regulation, award recognition, mainstream credibility, and overwhelmingly positive client feedback, these ten brokers stand out for their sterling reputations:
|No||Broker||Regulation||Min. Deposit||Platforms||Account Types||Offer||Open New Account|
|1.||RoboForex||FSC Belize||$10||MT4, MT5, RTrader||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||Welcome Bonus $30||Open RoboForex Account|
|2.||AvaTrade||ASIC, FSCA||$100||MT4, MT5||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||Top Forex Broker||Open AvaTrade Account|
|3.||Exness||FCA, CySEC||$1||MT4, MT5||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||Free VPS||Open Exness Account|
|4.||XM||ASIC, CySEC, FCA||$5||MT4, MT5||Standard, Micro, Zero Spread||20% Deposit Bonus||Open XM Account|
|5.||ICMarkets||Seychelles FSA||$200||MT4, MT5, CTrader||Standard, Zero Spread||Best Paypal Broker||Open ICMarkets Account|
|6.||XBTFX||ASIC, CySEC, FCA||$10||MT4, MT5||Standard, Zero Spread||Best USA Broker||Open XBTFX Account|
|7.||FXTM||FSC Mauritius||$10||MT4, MT5||Standard, Micro, Zero Spread||Welcome Bonus $50||Open FXTM Account|
|8.||FBS||ASIC, CySEC, FCA||$5||MT4, MT5||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||100% Deposit Bonus||Open FBS Account|
|9.||Binance||DASP||$10||Binance Platforms||N/A||Best Crypto Broker||Open Binance Account|
|10.||TradingView||Unregulated||Free||TradingView||N/A||Best Trading Platform||Open TradingView Account|