Battle royale games like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) have exploded in popularity in recent years. These last-player-standing style games pit 100 players against each other in a fight for survival. With their intense gameplay and high stakes, battle royale games are hugely entertaining to watch. This makes them perfect for streaming.
If you love playing battle royale games, you may be able to turn your hobby into a lucrative business. Live streaming your gameplay can help you make money in several ways. This guide will show you how to profit from streaming PUBG and other popular battle royale titles.
Why Stream Battle Royale Games?
Here are some key reasons why battle royale games like PUBG are great options for aspiring streamers:
- Massive built-in audience – PUBG alone has sold over 75 million copies. There’s a huge existing viewer base ready to watch skilled players.
- Exciting gameplay – The unpredictable, last-man-standing action keeps viewers engaged and coming back.
- Viral popularity – Top streamers like Ninja and Shroud have shown how battle royale streams can take off.
- Easy to understand – The simple goal of survival means new viewers can instantly follow what’s happening.
- Allows player personality – Streamers can showcase their skills and style, setting themselves apart.
- Multiplayer interaction – Playing with or against viewers can help grow and engage your audience.
With battle royale viewership booming, there’s a major opportunity for new streamers to carve out an audience. Now let’s look at how you can actually start profiting from streaming PUBG or similar games.
Monetization Options for Battle Royale Streamers
Here are the main ways you can make money by streaming PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends or other popular battle royale titles:
Platforms like Twitch allow viewers to pay a monthly fee (typically $5) to subscribe to your channel. As an affiliate or partner, you earn a share of this subscription revenue. Top streamers have tens of thousands of paying subscribers.
Viewers can send one-off tips or donations during your stream as a way to show support. Streamlabs and other tools add tipping capabilities to your channel.
Once you reach Affiliate or Partner status with Twitch/YouTube, you can earn a cut of ad revenue from commercials running on your streams. This revenue share is based on your viewership.
As your audience grows, you can partner with brands for sponsorships/endorsements. Common examples include sponsor overlays, branded merchandise, product placements and exclusive deals.
Sell shirts, hats, mugs and other items prominently featuring your brand, designs or channel art. Sites like Teespring allow creating merch without upfront costs.
If you recommend in-game items, gaming gear or other relevant products during your stream, you can earn affiliate commissions when viewers make purchases using your links.
Super fans may support one-off crowdfunding campaigns for expenses like new streaming equipment or LAN tournament travel costs.
Some battle royale titles allow selling in-game skins, accessories or other digital items for real money. A cut of these sales goes back to the streamer.
Tournaments & Prizes
As a pro-level player, you can earn cash prizes by competing and placing highly in official/unofficial tournaments for games like PUBG or Fortnite.
Combining multiple revenue streams is key for battle royale streamers. Relying solely on ad or tip revenue likely won’t cut it. But capitalizing on your audience across several monetization methods can lead to a healthy streaming income.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Money Streaming PUBG
Now let’s walk through a step-by-step process for building a profitable PUBG streaming business from the ground up:
1. Get the Right Equipment
Having quality gear for both playing and streaming PUBG is essential:
- PC – PUBG requires a high-end PC for optimal performance. Aim for at least an Intel Core i5 CPU, GTX 1060 GPU and 16GB RAM.
- Microphone – A dedicated mic like the Blue Yeti will drastically improve your audio quality over a headset mic.
- Webcam – Facial expressions and reactions help viewers connect. Get a 720p/1080p webcam.
- Headset/Headphones – Quality headphones are a must for hearing footsteps and gunshots in PUBG. Consider noise-cancelling.
- Streaming Software – Open Broadcaster Software is the go-to for seamless streaming.
- Internet Connection – For the best stream, upgrade to fiber internet or commercial grade cable.
Having a two PC setup with one dedicated streaming PC is ideal, but a powerful single PC can work as well. Shop around for deals on used/refurbished gear to save money.
2. Design Your Stream Overlays, Alerts and Branding
Elements like overlays and alerts are what take your raw gameplay footage and transform it into a professional, branded stream.
- Overlays – Customizable overlays from Streamlabs, Player.me or Own3d.tv are a great option. Size and place carefully around your gameplay.
- Alerts – Set up notifications and sounds for follows, subs, tips etc. Test alerts work seamlessly during streams.
- Info Panels – Add panels below stream for social links, rules, gear list etc.
- Custom Emotes – Create fun, original emotes for subs to use in chat.
- Logo and Branding – Design a mascot, logo and color scheme that represents your brand. Include prominently on all assets.
Take time to get these elements right, as they have a major impact on production quality and viewer experience.
Top 6 Forex EA & Indicator
Based on regulation, award recognition, mainstream credibility, and overwhelmingly positive client feedback, these six products stand out for their sterling reputations:
|1.||Forex EA||Gold Miner Pro FX Scalper EA||$879.99||MT4||Learn More|
|2.||Forex EA||FXCore100 EA [UPDATED]||$7.99||MT4||Learn More|
|3.||Forex Indicator||Golden Deer Holy Grail Indicator||$689.99||MT4||Learn More|
|4.||Windows VPS||Forex VPS||$29.99||MT4||Learn More|
|5.||Forex Course||Forex Trend Trading Course||$999.99||MT4||Learn More|
|6.||Forex Copy Trade||Forex Fund Management||$500||MT4||Learn More|
3. Grow Your Audience
When first starting out, focus hard on getting your PUBG channel in front of people. Reach viewers through:
- Cross-promoting on Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and other social media.
- Collaborating with similar sized streamers in gameplay or events.
- Participating on PUBG forums and communities like Discord.
- Running giveaways like free game keys to encourage follows.
- Sharing clips that highlight your skills or funny moments.
- Making tutorial/guide videos to establish your expertise.
Leverage all opportunities to get your channel name and content in front of PUBG fans and players.
4. Engage Viewers During Streams
When streaming PUBG matches:
- Talk constantly – narrate your decisions, plans and reactions to what’s happening.
- Respond to chat – have active conversations with viewers.
- Host matches with fans – squad up with viewers for fun interactions.
- Thank new followers/subscribers – welcoming new viewers makes them feel part of your community.
- Ask questions and polls – get viewers involved, especially during pre-game lobbies and queues.
Keeping audiences actively engaged will lead to a loyal fanbase over time.
5. Develop a Streaming Schedule
Broadcasting on a consistent schedule trains viewers to tune in and develops healthy streaming habits.
- Minimum 2-3 days per week – helps build routine viewer hours.
- At least 3 hours per scheduled stream.
- Post schedule prominently on Twitch profile and social media.
- Stick to schedule as much as possible. Communicate any changes.
Starting out, a simple Mon/Thurs/Sat schedule from 7-10PM could work nicely. Expand once you gain more viewership.
6. Grow Your YouTube Channel
Besides streaming on Twitch, upload edited stream highlights and unique content to YouTube. This further extends your audience.
- Upload 3-5 videos per week minimum.
- Curate best stream moments into 10-15 minute highlight reels.
- Create additional PUBG guides/commentaries.
- Link YouTube and Twitch channels – promote each platform to the other.
YouTube search and suggested videos will help new viewers discover your channel. Maintain regular uploads.
7. Diversify Your Content
While battle royale games like PUBG should be your bread and butter, experiment with additional varieties of content to appeal to more viewers:
- Other games – Consider periodically streaming popular titles like CS:GO, Overwatch or Valorant.
- IRL streams – Broadcast yourself gaming outdoors, travelling to events, etc.
- Podcasts/Q&As – Host a podcast or interactive talk show.
- Special events – Organize a PUBG tournament or charity stream.
- Creative content – Produce animated or comedy skits.
Trying new stream formats keeps your channel engaging and reaching a wider audience. Just don’t over-diversify. Battle royale gameplay should still be 90%+ of streams.
8. Collaborate with Other Streamers
Look for opportunities to work with other PUBG channels, either co-streaming or cross-promoting each other. This helps reach new viewers.
- Team up to squad stream – play matches together while live.
- Co-host custom tournaments/events.
- Appear as a guest on other channels.
- Raid each other’s streams – send your viewers to their channel after you sign off.
- Shout-out upcoming channels – help those just starting build an audience.
Working together with mutually beneficial promotions can accelerate growth for all streamers involved.
9. Monetize Your Audience
Once you’ve built a dedicated viewer base, it’s time to start earning revenue from your PUBG stream.
- Activate channel subscriptions – this is the first priority. Even $2.50 from each sub adds up quickly.
- Set up donations through Streamlabs. Make it prominent but non-intrusive.
- Negotiate sponsorships with relevant brands when you have 1,000+ concurrent viewers.
- Sell merch like shirts and mugs with inside jokes fans will recognize.
- Run ads if accepted into the YouTube Partner Program. Just don’t overdo it.
- Post affiliate links for gear or games you genuinely recommend.
Diversifying income across multiple streams ensures earnings remain strong even as trends change.
10. Make Streaming Your Job
If your PUBG channel gains substantial traction, consider making streaming your full-time job.
- Quit your job once streaming revenue consistently exceeds your current income.
- Stick to a structured work schedule like normal job. Stream 8 hours daily, spend off hours editing and managing channel.
- Inform your audience and celebrate the full-time switch once you commit.
- Remember taxes – stream revenue is taxable income. Save a cut for the IRS.
Becoming a full-time streamer is a major but liberating leap. Set yourself up for sustainable success.
Frequently Asked Questions About Streaming PUBG for Profit
Here are answers to some common questions about making money as a PUBG streamer:
How much money can you make streaming PUBG?
Top PUBG streamers easily make $3,000 to $5,000 per month, with some earning over $100,000 per year. But as a new streamer expect to earn almost nothing at first. It may take 6 months to a year before streaming revenue exceeds $1,000 per month. Have patience and stick with it.
What hardware do you need for streaming PUBG?
At minimum you’ll need a gaming PC with at least an Intel i5 CPU, GTX 1060 graphics card, 16GB RAM and an SSD. You’ll also need streaming software like OBS, a dedicated microphone, webcam and headphones. Optimize game and OBS settings for performance.
Should you stream PUBG on Twitch or YouTube?
Twitch is generally the best platform for live streaming. But also posting edited highlights and other content to YouTube helps reach a wider audience. Try to actively maintain both a Twitch and YouTube channel.
How can you gain viewers on Twitch as a new PUBG streamer?
Promote your stream on social media, engage with the PUBG community, collaborate with similar sized channels and run giveaways. Reaching Affiliate status unlocks additional discoverability features. Above all, consistently produce high-quality, entertaining streams.
What’s the best time to stream PUBG on Twitch?
The peak times are generally between 5pm – midnight in your local time zone. You see higher viewer numbers on weeknights and weekends. Track your own analytics to determine when your viewers are most active.
Can you make money from streaming PUBG mobile?
Yes, popular PUBG Mobile streamers have built substantial audiences and incomes. The monetization models are similar – subscriptions, donations, sponsorships, etc. But you’re competing with a huge number of other mobile streamers.
Is stream sniping considered cheating?
Stream sniping (using someone’s live broadcast to find and ambush them) is considered cheating and can get you banned. Never stream snipe someone else. And moderate your own chat to stop any coordinated sniping against you.
Do you need a gaming organization to become a pro PUBG streamer?
No, you can become a successful streamer without joining an esports organization. However, organizations can promote your channel, get you into events, facilitate sponsorships and provide streaming support. Weigh the benefits of joining if you receive offers.
Streaming battle royale games represents an exciting opportunity to turn your gaming passion into a career. With persistence and smart strategies, you can build a sustainable business playing and broadcasting PUBG, Apex Legends or Fortnite. The potential audience and revenue are massive. If streaming excites you, go all in on battle royale titles and see how far you can grow.
Top 10 Reputable Forex Brokers
Based on regulation, award recognition, mainstream credibility, and overwhelmingly positive client feedback, these ten brokers stand out for their sterling reputations:
|No||Broker||Regulation||Min. Deposit||Platforms||Account Types||Offer||Open New Account|
|1.||RoboForex||FSC Belize||$10||MT4, MT5, RTrader||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||Welcome Bonus $30||Open RoboForex Account|
|2.||AvaTrade||ASIC, FSCA||$100||MT4, MT5||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||Top Forex Broker||Open AvaTrade Account|
|3.||Exness||FCA, CySEC||$1||MT4, MT5||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||Free VPS||Open Exness Account|
|4.||XM||ASIC, CySEC, FCA||$5||MT4, MT5||Standard, Micro, Zero Spread||20% Deposit Bonus||Open XM Account|
|5.||ICMarkets||Seychelles FSA||$200||MT4, MT5, CTrader||Standard, Zero Spread||Best Paypal Broker||Open ICMarkets Account|
|6.||XBTFX||ASIC, CySEC, FCA||$10||MT4, MT5||Standard, Zero Spread||Best USA Broker||Open XBTFX Account|
|7.||FXTM||FSC Mauritius||$10||MT4, MT5||Standard, Micro, Zero Spread||Welcome Bonus $50||Open FXTM Account|
|8.||FBS||ASIC, CySEC, FCA||$5||MT4, MT5||Standard, Cent, Zero Spread||100% Deposit Bonus||Open FBS Account|
|9.||Binance||DASP||$10||Binance Platforms||N/A||Best Crypto Broker||Open Binance Account|
|10.||TradingView||Unregulated||Free||TradingView||N/A||Best Trading Platform||Open TradingView Account|